CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Office Organization


As I sit here sipping my freshly made hot chocolate from my neighbors at Figuero's, I am putting off the inevitable task of organizing all aspects of the shop. January and February gives us a time to slow down and reorganize ourselves after the hectic Holiday season. One key area of the shop that needs some organizational attention is my office.

My office is a decent sized space that I would love to be able to use half of as my order department....where my shipments are dropped off and where I can make a mess when pricing. I would also enjoy the opportunity to work at my desk again....it has files and catalogs piled on top of it....its gonna take some work! I am one of those persons that can get organized, but within at least 48 hours there is a minor mess and within a week I am basically back to where I started....an organizers worst nightmare (sorry Candi and Melissa!). So when a new shipment arrived with boxes full of stylish office accessories and organizers, I again went to the drawing board in creating some sort of idea of how I wanted to organize my office. I have made revisions to my earlier plans and am thinking I may be able to tackle it next week....yes I procrastinate.
I did not, however procrastinate in pricing and displaying the new goodies. When choosing items for the shop I really try to pick items that are functional and yet stylish. Soooo here they are...with a few ideas that I should put to use, but probably not until next week:)


What desk top is complete without an assortment of sticky notes? And centrally located in one spot...making your organization goals simpler....and not to mention color coordinated. Great for quick lists and notes or marking pages in your favorite magazine or catalog.

Need to write a quick note to a friend or teacher? These social notes in a coordinating flip top case are perfect to leave on the kitchen counter or the top of your desk...they're that cute! And in this chilly roller coaster weather....who wouldn't want to receive some springy colors to remind them of the warmer weather that is coming....soon I hope:)
Did you really think we would forget about your mouse pad? This is a great idea for jotting down those quick notes or ideas that seem to pop up when clicking through the web...tear away the pages when you fill one up...and you're ready to go again.
Need a stylish catchall for your monthly expenses or client files? This tote is perfect for travel, whether its to the appointment with your accountant or your clients you don't have to worry because you will make a stylish statement.
Finish your collection off with these file folders...any file drawer would be happy to give them a home....I didn't think this pattern was sooo very modern...even though the name was Modern Geometry...then we got it in the shop and I tried to fit it into several different displays....didn't work out so well. I moved some things around and saw I could mix in with the Manhattan skyline journal and flip top notes. The black and white Statue of Liberty print worked perfect...soo I think the Modern Geometry navy social flip top notes transcend gender....well they aren't sooo floral-y, right?! It also has a mini journal and file folders that coordinate. Who else forgets their Internet passwords and user names religiously? I am lucky that my passwords don't change every 30 days or whatever security measures are required for larger firms...I would be at a complete loss. This notebook is perfect to keep all your info right at your fingertips, why didn't I think of this?!

Just another color combination and pattern to choose from...
A little black book....not THE little black book, but a fun retro twist that is perfect to keep your contacts written down at your fingertips in your handbag or pocket....because sometimes your cellphone's battery poops out....well at least mine does....quite often in fact.Organize the latest photos of your loved ones in this vintage camera album...its the perfect size to slip in your purse...that much easier to show off and not having all those thumb prints.

Organize your coupons and gift cards in this vintage world traveler accordion organizer.

Did you forget that fabulous wine you tried last week with friends? What about that great winery, but the name is a bit fuzzy from your last trip to Hermann or Augusta....or if you are lucky enough Napa Valley. This book offers space to record your favorite kinds of wine, your favorite wineries, and much more. The perfect gift for your hard to buy for wine lovers.

0 comments: