CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Going Green?

I love the color green, but the thought of actually going "green" well its a little overwhelming. What actions can I change that will make a difference? Where do I start.....at home, at work? Do I start small, adding a few changes here and there? Will it really affect the way I live my day to day life? Ahhhh what do I do? This is about the point I decide eh, I'll think about it later and then nothing happens, nothing is changed!


So in an effort to actually make some changes...I am going to think about it and find a few places to begin and attempt to add from there. I can hear Maria from the Sound of Music, "Let's start at the very beginning, its the perfect place to start..." And that is so true the beginning is the perfect place to start. Where is my beginning? How about at the shop, its where I spend most of my time so hopefully its where I can make the biggest impact.

In January I made the effort to introduce at least one new product that had an environmental conscience. I found some of my favorite vendors were introducing or already had products that met the requirements. K. Hall Designs offers a wonderful array of goodies to scent your home. They also are quite eco-friendly. The containers for their diffusers are made with recycled materials, they offer ideas on how to reuse their glass candle jars, their diffuser oils are available as a refill, which means the glass diffuser bottle can be reused. Their candles are made with renewable resources, good for the environment and your family.

Hillhouse Naturals introduced several new eco-friendly fragrance collections. We included the Botura Collection in our Spring 2008 Goodies. The collection includes candles made with a 100% natural soy wax blend and plant-derived essential oils. The diffusers' packaging was printed at a facility that uses 100% Wind Power.



That is a look at my "beginning" in an effort to make the world a greener place. I still have a few eco-friendly goodies that have yet to arrive. One I am very excited about includes purses, clutches, and reusable totes. All of these are made by re-purposing clothing and other fabrics, thanks Abby for directing me to them! Now my question to you.....Do any of you have simple changes that could make a difference and be the "beginning" for others?



0 comments: